Something New I Am Reading

 Sorry, it has been a while since I wrote anything here. Lots has been going on around here over the past few weeks and time got away from me. Anyway, I thought I would let y'all know about a book series I have begun and am enjoying tremendously.

The Dresden Files, by Jim Butcher, is a bit of a departure from my normal fare of reading, but it still has a strong element of science fiction and fantasy in it.



For those of you not familiar with the story, it follows the life and adventures of a detective Harry Dresden, who solves bizarre crimes using magic. He is a powerful wizard who uses his abilities to help the Chicago police department solve crimes committed by other magic users of both this world and the supernatural. Along the way, he must deal with many, even his closest allies in the department, who are serious doubters of magic. He is also hampered by the fact that he is not allowed to admit the existence of magic to any who are not already aware of it. A choice made in his past involving the forbidden use of dark magic continues to haunt him and puts him in extreme danger from the mysterious White Council.
This is a seventeen-book series and I have completed only two so far, but I am looking forward to reading the rest. The author's sense of humor and ability to blend supernatural events into the real world in a believable way makes for some fun reading. I can easily give these books my highest ratings of four Marvins.



I will let you know of any other great books I run across, especially any from little-known authors who might benefit from my passing along a good word on their stories. Take care and, as always, please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts on these or any other topics you would like to see me cover.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun With Science!

Welcome to My World