As I mentioned in my first post, I am a retired science teacher (35 years mostly at the middle school level) and part-time educator performer at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. However, I am also a published author of five science fiction novels and two short stories. This was a very unexpected turn in my life as a retiree, but one that proved to be a ton of fun.

I began this journey on a whim and learned that I enjoyed the process of learning how to write an actual book. There were many stumbles along the way including what I thought was my first complete story getting ripped apart, rearranged, and in need of many additions I had never anticipated. My first editor told me that I had the bones of a good story, but much to learn about how to write for an audience. The final result, after several revisions, became my first novel, Hegira: book one of The Brin Archives.


I had not expected this first book to become a success, much less a series, but After finding a publisher who believed in my work, and many successful sales (yes, to people I did not know) and positive reviews, as well as a number of awards, I decided to expand the story into a trilogy of stories expanding thousands of years past and present over an entire galaxy. 

Creating new worlds and the people who inhabit them, as well as the cultures and civilizations they built and the rest of the worlds they live in was exhilarating. I became hooked on writing and am now, after the successful publication of two additional novels, ready to try my hand at a series of short stories. Time will tell how that works out. Stay tuned.

And just so you know, this blog will not be an endless promotion of my books. I will have more to say about them from time to time, but there is a lot more to talk about here. I hope you like what I have to say. I would also enjoy hearing what you have to say so any comments are welcome. All I ask is that we keep away from politics. There is enough of that to go around elsewhere. Thanks for listening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun With Science!

Welcome to My World

Cool Science Thoughts